Gujarat State Eligibility Test (Gujarat SET) August 2017 Notification Out
The Twelfth Gujarat State Eligibility Test (Gujarat SET) will be held at six centres viz Vadodara,
Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan and Bhavnagar in 23 subjects on Sunday, 27th August 2017.
Candidates must read the detailed Notification & procedure to fill the online application form on
our website: http://www.gujaratset.ac.in. The details are as follows:
Exam Name: Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) August 2017
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’ s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- For More details : Click Here
Age Limit : There is no upper age limit.
Application Fees : The candidate should download and fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate
(Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) and after 24 hours of generation of challan,
submit it in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the State of Gujarat or outside State of
Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee of Rs. 800/- (General & OBC) and Rs. 700/-
(ST/SC/PH) candidates, and the Bank fee of Rs.25/-. Please note that Fee submitted
through any other mode like Money Order, Cheque, Pay Order, IPO etc. will be summarily
rejected. “Online Registration for GSET Examination” is mandatory, immediately after the
payment of fee in the bank.
Examination Structure and Scheme :
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||11.00 A.M. to 12.15 P.M.|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In the event of the candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
How to Apply: Eligible candidates should fill up the online application form and submit it online only. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE PRINT OUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, FEE CHALLAN OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO GUJARAT SET OFFICE, VADODARA. In case a Candidate qualifies for the GSET Examination, It is mandatory for him I her to bring print out of Application Form, Fee Challan and Examination Hall Ticket along with Photo (Xerox) Copies of Eligibility and Category related
documents, Mark sheets, Certificates etc. at the time of document verification at GSET Office,
Vadodara. Hence it is advised to a candidate to preserve all the above mentioned documents.
Advertisement : Click Here
Information Booklet : Click Here
Information regarding Online Application : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here
Important Dates :
- Starting of Online Registration : 29 – 04 – 2017 (Morning 11.00 O’Clock)
- Starting of Fee Collection : 01 – 05 – 2017
- Last day for Online Application and Bank Challan Generation : 08 – 06 – 2017 (till – evening 06.00 hrs).
- Last day for Fee Collection : 09 – 06 – 2017
- Gujarat SET Examination Date : 27 – 08 – 2017